MAKE A DONATION
Aviation Connection’s charitable status allows the organization to issue official tax receipts to private donors as well as businesses.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
Donations help build the future of young people and create a project that generates great pride in the community.
Donations can be made in kind or in cash.
Terms and conditions for special donations
The Aviation Connection Company accepts donations without restriction. Donations may be earmarked for a particular program or for a specific purpose as long as such donations do not conflict with the mission, values, goals and priorities of the Company. Certain donations may be directed to specific programs of The Aviation Connection Company or to a community in Canada or another country to help alleviate poverty and according to the terms of the mission of the Aviation Connection Company.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I have an aircraft and want to donate to La Société Aviation Connection. How should we proceed?
- Complete the online form and submit the required information. You will receive a call within 24 hours.
You can also email submitting a short description of the aircraft: model, year, and approximate value. One of our agents will contact you to discuss the formalities and establish the procedure that applies to you. You can always call us at 450 969-2247
How do you determine the value of the donation?
- An independent appraiser is assigned to determine the value of the donation. It will be this value that we will indicate on the receipt.
My aircraft is in poor condition and will not start. Are you going to accept it?
- Yes we accept all donations.
Do I transfer ownership of the aircraft to La Société Aviation Connection?
- Yes, The Company becomes the owner.
As an executor or holder of a power of attorney, can I carry out the transfer of ownership?
- Yes, upon presentation of a copy of the will or power of attorney.
Do you accept donations other than aircraft?
- Yes, especially if it is equipment or parts that can be used in school projects, for example: tools, simulators, computers, aircraft parts, containers, trailers, hangars, etc. We also accept donations such as the rental of hangars, or spaces essential to the implementation of an aircraft reconstruction project.
Will my aircraft be resold?
- The decision to sell an aircraft depends on the operating condition and type / model of the aircraft. In some cases, it is not possible to use a certain type of aircraft for a reconstruction project, so it is sold to facilitate the setting up of a reconstruction project or given to a charity that will use it to help people in danger and alleviate poverty in poor and remote areas.
Should I cancel my insurance before donating my aircraft?
- No. The insurance must be canceled only after taking possession.
When will I receive my tax receipt?
- Your receipt will be issued following receipt of the assessment document and a mechanical check if necessary.
What are funds from the sale of donated aircraft used for?
- They are used to finance the Aviation Training Programs that we set up in high schools in Canada. The funds are also used to procure equipment, software and human resources as well as to provide technical support for each Program.